Update: We are thrilled by the success of our first-ever auction, which raised more than $4,000 to benefit our mission! Retired Flyers announcer Steve Coates did a fantastic job as our emcee, and Misconduct Tavern couldn’t have been a better host for the fun-filled evening. We’d especially like to thank Healthy NewsWorks community advisory board member Courtney Ercole and Community Outreach Manager Diane Davis for organizing the event. Thank you all for your support!
Original post: Please plan to join us on Wednesday, Nov. 8, for a silent auction benefiting Healthy NewsWorks!
Retired Flyers announcer Steve Coates will be the special guest emcee for the event, set for 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Misconduct Tavern, 1801 JFK Blvd. in Philadelphia.
Among the many items that will be auctioned are:
- Franklin Institute ticket package, including a Fels Planetarium show
- Tickets to see Gen Z jazz sensation Samara Joy performing A Joyful Holiday! at the Miller Theater (formerly Merriam Theatre)
- Sesame Place ticket package for 4, including Abby’s Unlimited Magic Queue, lunch with Elmo and Friends, and a pre-parade character meet and greet
- One month of free classes at Core Fitness (virtual or in-person!)
- Tickets to an evening with New York Times’ Maggie Haberman. Includes pre-event cocktails and dessert reception
- Vintage Harley-Davidson jacket
- VIP tickets to the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Phillies baseball signed by Kyle Schwarber
- Training session with Ron Day
- Overnight stay at the Marriott Rotary Hotel, Center City
- Two-hour Middle Eastern baking session
- Calvin Klein leather hobo bag
- Capital Grille gift certificate
- Flyers jersey (#11 Travis Konecny)
- Sixers tickets vs. the Houston Rockets
Auction admission is free, and all proceeds will go to Healthy NewsWorks to support our mission and impact!
Healthy NewsWorks empowers elementary and middle school students to become researchers, writers, critical thinkers, and confident communicators who advance health understanding and literacy through their factual publications and digital media. Learn more at HealthyNewsWorks.org.