June 2021 … We are so grateful to everyone who donated their time, talent, and resources to Healthy NewsWorks this year.
Your contributions allowed our student journalists to:
- Publish 28 newspapers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Produce an 80-page book about living through the pandemic, with diary entries from multiple students; student reflections; and interviews with nearly 20 people, from an international expert to artists and laboratory workers.
- Contribute dozens of blog posts and news articles to our new By Kids For Kids Health News Service
More than 700 students participated in one of our three programs, including:
- Nearly 260 students in our Core Reporting Program
- A record 432 Cub Reporters
In addition, we launched programs at three new sites: William Rowen Elementary School in Philadelphia, The DePaul Catholic School in Philadelphia, and Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church in Philadelphia.
Thank you so much for your support. We couldn’t have done it without you!